Saturday, June 6, 2015

Double-minded 三心两意

Doublminded - dipsuchos is an odd word. 
It means “two souls” (two psyches). 
Synonym is diakrinesthai
That “doubt” is not about intellectual decision or reflection. 

It is about failure to act! 

The root of this word is about a turning point where action is required. 
It is like coming to a fork in the road and hesitating, not because you don’t know which way to go but because you are tempted to take the other path even when you know it will lead away from your goal.

The kind of doubt is the refusal to act on the basis of God’s word. 
God reveals His pathway, but I hesitate. I say to myself, 
“Does God speak the truth?
 How do I know I can trust Him?
 Does He really care for me?” 

That is dipsuchos
It leads immediately to failure to step forward on God’s character. 
And, it is sin!

(quoted)